Have you ever been so tired you really don’t know what you’re writing? I think I’m there now and that can be an issue when you’re traveling. Being in a new place, having to find your way or having to be aware of your surrounding because otherwise…you might lose your stuff! So what does one do? How does one keep themselves awake, when their mind and body so crave sleep? Here are 5 natural remedies to help keep you on your toes when the Sandman is threatening to knock you out!
- Get Active! Do 50 jumping jacks as fast as you can or 10 burpees. Believe it or not physical activity will give you a burst of energy allowing you to be refreshed and awake.
- Drink Water…Lemon Water. Yep lemon is fantastic. Not only can it help flush out your system but it helps fight fatigue! So throw some citrus in your water. Rehydrating helps to stave off not only your tiredness but hunger as well.
- Peppermint oil. I love peppermint oil and use it on tired and sore muscles all the time but it can also help perk you up! Put a drop or two onto a napkin and breathe deep. The vapors will help give you a boost.
- Ginseng. This plant helps stimulate your nervous system and reduce stress. Have a cup of Ginseng tea when you’re feeling run down.
- Try to avoid caffeine. I know sounds wrong…somehow… but caffeine will only provide you with a short burst of energy. In order to keep your energy levels high its best to avoid that instant burst which will then cause a crash.
What are some of your tips to keep you awake? Let me know in the comments. Until next time…life happens, travel now!