So earlier I wrote about what you can do if you’re snowed in. It’s raining today in Vegas, a rarity for sure. Coupled with that it’s chilly and I want to do is sit on my couch wrapped in a blanket, watch movies and eat popcorn. Instead I’ll start a project. Here are some rainy day activities you can do, but don’t just save them for when it’s raining you can do them when you’re bored too!
- Read a book. Some of you may not like to read, but I love it. I love imagining different worlds and stories. For me it’s fun to get whisked away to some far off land. Don’t have the attention span for a book? Read an article, or a blog.
- Clean out your closet. Everyone could do with a good closet cleaning. There are definitely items every person could get rid of and what a better time then when you’re stuck at home.
- Invite friends over for a movie day/or a wine and cheese day. Who says you have to be stuck at home alone. Invite some friends over and spend the rainy day together. Or you could have your movie/wine and cheese day all to yourself. You’re allowed to be indulgent once in a while.
- Clean your house/apartment. What else are you going to do? Oh anything else on the list, but it is a great time to get this “chore” out of the way.
- Create a bucket list. Make a list of all of the things you want to do in your life. Then jump on the internet and see how you can make one of them happen in the next week or month! This kills two birds with one stone. You’re planning something fun for the future and giving yourself something to do in the process.
- Work on something for yourself. Maybe you’ve always wanted to start your own blog or YouTube channel or maybe you’ve always wanted to learn how to edit your own photos and video. Download some software and start learning a new skill.
- Bake something! Is baking harder than cooking? Yes but the nice thing about baking is if you follow the recipe to the letter, it’s hard to mess up. So make yourself a treat.
- Create an indoor pillow/blanket fort. Do something you used to do as a kid on days when you can’t get out or don’t want to leave. Just because you haven’t done it in a while doesn’t mean it should be forgotten. Building forts and tunnels are fun for everyone. After you can hang out in your cave and take a nap.
- Work out. There are thousands of different types of workouts that you can do while at home. Jump on YouTube and search for something to make you stronger or more flexible then go do it.
- Learn something. Knowledge is power. Have you ever wanted to know what kind of medium Dali used for his art? Maybe you’ve always wanted to know more about the people who live in Alaska. Take the time to do some research and learn something new.
What are some of the things you like to do on a rainy day? Let me know below! Until next time.