We are in the thick of it now, the CrossFit Regionals. Another step toward making it to the big dance, The CrossFit Games, held in Madison, Wisconsin this year. Will you be there? Regionals are an opportunity for the elite to prove that they belong at the CrossFit games and a chance for new blood to keep them on their toes. I love working Regionals. It’s an amazing spectacle and here’s why.
1) Community! Call us a cult, call us crazy but no other sporting community cheers for every athlete on the field, whether it’s your favorite competitor or not. There is an overwhelming desire to see people succeed in CrossFit and that transfers to competition. It’s infectious and satisfying.
2) It’s a party atmosphere. With loud, vibrating music and beer flowing everyone is there to unwind and cheer their heads off! Not only that but you can find some pretty cool swag around that you can’t find online yet.
3) Fit Fans means lots of eye candy. CrossFit has the fittest fans and some of the most beautiful. Walking into a CrossFit competition your head is on a swivel. There is so much to look at from the competitors to the exhibitors it seems like everyone is in shape and pretty. When I say there is eye candy for everyone, I mean everyone.
4) It’s an international competition. People compete around the world for the next four weeks to see who is going to make it to Madison in August. There’s a lot at stake and you can feel the electricity, the excitement in the air.
5) It’s a reunion. You’ll see friends you haven’t seen in years! It’s true. I have friends from college and high school who CrossFit and I had no idea until I saw them at a CrossFit competition. I also have some good friends in the CrossFit community who I only get to see at these events because of schedules and distance. No matter what’s going on we tend to set this weekend aside for CrossFit and it gives us the opportunity to catch up. These people become an extension of your family and it’s amazing.
For the next two weeks try to see if you can attend a regional. Below are the upcoming dates and locations.
May 26 – 28, 2017
Pacific Regional | Wollongong, Australia | WIN Entertainment Centre
California Regional | Del Mar, California | Del Mar Arena
Central Regional | Nashville, Tennessee | Music City Center
June 2 – 4, 2017
Meridian Regional | Madrid, Spain | Caja Mágica
West Regional | Portland, Oregon | Portland Expo Center
Atlantic Regional | Atlanta, Georgia | Georgia World Congress Center